Adjusting to life after the loss of a limb takes patience and resolve from you and your loved ones. We’re here to inspire you emotionally and help you adapt physically to any challenge you may face. Your life is in transition, and we understand that. That’s why we combine surgical and clinical care with therapeutic rehabilitation and psychological support.
You can still live life to the fullest. We’ll guide you through every step, including pre and post-operative care, acute rehabilitation, pre-prosthetic training, prosthetic training and long-term follow-up after upper or lower limb amputation. Our goal is to help you maximize functional independence, find emotional strength and confidence, and successfully transition back to home, work and the activities you love.
Levels Of Care for Amputee Rehabilitation
Along the way, your recovery is supported by some the most advanced rehabilitation treatments, research and programs available that create a continuum of care.
Spaulding's Approach to Amputee Rehabilitation
The Amputee Rehabilitation Program of the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network offers comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation for patients who have experienced limb loss. With the expert care of our nurses, physical and occupational therapist you will receive the support you need to manage everything from wound care, pain management, prosthetic fitting and prosthetic gait training.
There’s life after limb loss. But, we understand as a amputee survivor your journey back will require a path and pace that you own. That’s why we’ll tailor a treatment plan to meet your individual needs as part of our Amputee Rehabilitation Program.
- Amputee support group
- Amputee Peer Visitation Group
Programs for Rehabilitation
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Boston
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Braintree
- Spaulding Outpatient Rehabilitation at Kent Hospital East Greenwich
- Spaulding Outpatient Rehabilitation at Kent Hospital Pawtucket
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Orleans
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Plymouth
- Spaulding Outpatient Center South Shore YMCA Quincy
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Sandwich
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Hyannis