Updated Visitor Guidelines for the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
Effective March 2, 2021
Spaulding Hospital Cambridge, Spaulding Cape Cod and Spaulding Boston effective as of Tuesday, 3/2/2021 will be allowing visitors again with restrictions of 1 per day with limited visitor hours of 3pm-8pm. Spaulding Nursing Center Brighton has a different set of visitor regulations as a skilled nursing home viewable here.
Visitors for patients only will be allowed on a limited basis with the following restrictions:
- Visitors will only be allowed onsite from 3pm-8pm
- Limit of 1 visitor per patient per day.
- Visitors must wear Spaulding provided face mask at all times during the duration of the visit. Click here to learn how to put on, wear, and take off a mask.
- Visitors are not allowed for COVID positive patients or patients on enhanced precautions.
- Visitors will be limited to access to the patient’s room with no access to public or common areas such as cafeterias and lounges.
- Visitors are expected to practice hand hygiene and social distancing of 6 feet.
- Visitors should make every effort to avoid meal-times for patients.
- All visitors must be over 18 years of age.
- Visitors should call ahead for the patients schedule as no visitors will be allowed in patient rooms during therapy or treatment sessions.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry and need to sign-in and attest they are symptom free. Anyone experiencing any of the following symptoms will not be allowed to visit until cleared of symptoms:
- Fever or feeling feverish
- Sore throat
- New cough (not related to chronic condition)
- New nasal congestion or new runny nose (not related to seasonal allergies)
- Muscle aches
- New loss of smell or taste
- Shortness of Breath
Spaulding clinicians may have to alter or restrict visitation when medically necessary. All visitors are encouraged to contact the facility or patient prior to planning a visit. At this time, this applies only to inpatient visitors. We still do not allow visitors for any other reasons.
We also will continue our Virtual Visitor Program for any patients and their loved ones to connect by calling 617-952-6670 to schedule a session.
We understand these are challenging times and we must do so in a measured and responsible way to ensure the continued safety of our patients and staff. We thank you for your support and cooperation to ensure we maintain a healthy environment for all.
For the latest updates and information go to www.spauldingrehab.org/coronavirus
#2Ranked by US News and World Report
#1Places to work for People with Disabilities by Disability Equality Index