Updated Visitor Guidelines for the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network Inpatient Facilities
Effective August 3, 2021
Spaulding Hospital Cambridge, Spaulding Cape Cod and Spaulding Boston effective as of Tuesday, 8/3/2021 will be allowing visitors again with restrictions of 2 per day with limited visitor hours of 2pm-8pm. Spaulding Nursing Center Brighton has a different set of visitor regulations as a skilled nursing home viewable here.
Visitors for inpatients only will be allowed on a limited basis with the following restrictions:
- Visitors will only be allowed onsite from 2pm-8pm
- Limit of 2 visitor per patient per day.
- Visitors must wear Spaulding provided face mask at all times during the duration of the visit. Click here to learn how to put on, wear, and take off a mask.
- Visitors are allowed for patients on enhanced respiratory precautions (ERI). You can view this instructional video for correct use of Personal Protective Equipment by visitors to patients on ERI.
- Visitors are not allowed for COVID positive patients or patients on enhanced precautions.
- Visitors will be limited to access to the patient’s room with limited to public or common areas such as cafeterias and lounges.
- Visitors are expected to practice hand hygiene and social distancing of 6 feet.
- Visitors should make every effort to avoid meal-times for patients.
- Visitors under the age of 18 now allowed. Some visitors under the age of 18 may not require an accompanying adult (i.e., an adolescent visitor who travels independently). When visitors under the age of 18 require an accompanying adult, accommodations to permit the accompanying adult as an additional visitor are at the discretion of local leadership.
- Visitors should call ahead for the patients schedule as no visitors will be allowed in patient rooms during therapy or treatment sessions.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry and need to sign-in and attest they are symptom free. Anyone experiencing any of the following symptoms will not be allowed to visit until cleared of symptoms:
- Fever or feeling feverish
- Sore throat
- New cough (not related to chronic condition)
- New nasal congestion or new runny nose (not related to seasonal allergies)
- Muscle aches
- New loss of smell or taste
- Shortness of Breath
Spaulding clinicians may have to alter or restrict visitation when medically necessary. All visitors are encouraged to contact the facility or patient prior to planning a visit. At this time, this applies only to inpatient visitors. For visitors accompanying outpatients please review the outpatient procedures.
We also will continue our Virtual Visitor Program for any patients and their loved ones to connect by calling 617-952-6670 to schedule a session.
We understand these are challenging times and we must do so in a measured and responsible way to ensure the continued safety of our patients and staff. We thank you for your support and cooperation to ensure we maintain a healthy environment for all.
For the latest updates and information go to www.spauldingrehab.org/coronavirus
Top 1%Nationally Ranked, Patients Likely to Recommend
98%Outpatient Satisfaction. Overall Care, FOTO
120,000Outpatient Visits per Year
24/7Physician on site at all times
Need help selecting the right Level of Care for you?
|Current Location:Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod||Spaulding Outpatient Center Sandwich||Spaulding Eileen M. Ward Outpatient Center for Children Sandwich|
|Level of Care||hospital-rehab||outpatient||outpatient|
|Overnight Stay Required||Yes||No||No|
|Level of Therapy Intensity||3 hours per day, at least 15 hours per week||1-2 hrs per day, 1 day per week, minimum||1-2 hrs per day, 1 day per week, minimum|
|More Information link||View this facility||View this facility|
See which care approach best suits you and your needs. Any questions? Call us.