Spaulding Cape Cod Wellness Programs
Please note: In-person wellness programs are on hold due to Covid-19.
At Spaulding Cape Cod, we believe there are many paths to healing and living a healthy lifestyle. To enhance recovery after illness and injury and to promote better health for all, our wellness programs are designed to improve function, fitness, and well-being. Whether you are currently receiving treatment, living with a chronic condition, or just interested in optimizing your body’s ability to create health and wellness, our programs address the whole person – body, mind and spirit.
Spaulding Cape Cod's Wellness Programs have many beneficial effects. Participants may:
- Improve strength, flexibility, stamina, balance, coordination, agility.
- Improve thinking and speaking.
- Develop mind-body awareness.
- Reduce stress and lower blood pressure.
- Reduce risk for falls and other preventable injuries.
- Improve sleep, digestion, energy, mood, chronic pain.
Because our instructors are uniquely qualified to assist people at all ability levels, you can feel confident that you are in a safe, welcoming, and encouraging place as you begin or continue your path to wellness. Programs can be adapted for different levels of impairment.
Many of our programs (meditation, yoga and tai chi in particular) are based on long-established principles of integrative medicine, which strives to support the body’s ability to heal. Research continues to validate the health benefits of these approaches.
Please note that registration and fees vary by program, and some programs require a screening call or visit, at no charge. Please see individual program flyers for details. Dates and times are subject to change.
Spaulding Cape Cod Wellness Programs
- Balance and Fall Prevention for Active Older Adults – geared for individuals who are at risk of falling or who may have fallen in the past
- BoneStrong Exercise Program – to strengthen bones for those with or at risk for osteoporosis
- First Steps to Fitness – the perfect class for beginners or those in recovery looking to gently re-enter an exercise program
- Meditation and Relaxation for All – to develop mindfulness and reduce stress to experience a variety of health benefits
- Modified Chair Yoga – to improve mobility, muscle tone, circulation and breathing for those with physical limitations or recent injury/illness
- Tai Chi, Sun Style – to promote muscle strength, relaxation and mind-body awareness through gentle flowing movements
- Yoga for Back Care – to improve core strength, posture and balance for those with back and other musculoskeletal conditions
Spaulding Cape Cod Wellness Programs for Parkinson’s Disease (PD)
- Healthy Mindset Parkinson’s Disease Program – to improve quality of life through understanding of psychological impacts of PD and strategies to promote positive adjustment
- High Intensity Training for Parkinson’s Disease (HIT-PD) – to reduce impact of symptoms through an intensive training program for early stage PD
- Parkinson’s Disease Wellness and Exercise Program – to improve independence through education, exercise and self-management strategies
- Rock Steady Boxing 1-2 – to address rigidity, posture, tremor and slowness of movement through a sequence of exercises adapted from training for boxers
- Rock Steady Boxing 3-4 – to improve balance, strength and coordination for those with significant symptoms of PD
- Raise Your Voice – to improve breathing, volume and articulation for those experiencing changes in speech and voice
- Vibrant Voices – to increase audibility, articulation and overall communication skills