Policies and What to Expect
Updated Visitor Guidelines for the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network Inpatient Hospitals
Effective March 14, 2022
Spaulding Hospital Cambridge, Spaulding Cape Cod and Spaulding Boston, effective as of Monday, 3/14/2022, will be allowing visitors with restrictions of 2 at a time per patient with limited visiting hours of 2 pm-8 pm. Spaulding Nursing Center Brighton has a different set of visitor regulations as a skilled nursing home viewable here.
Visitors for inpatients only will be allowed on a limited basis with the following restrictions:
- Visitors will only be allowed onsite from 2 pm-8 pm.
- Limit of 2 visitors at a time. Please limit your visit to the patient’s room.
- Visitors must wear Spaulding provided face mask at all times during the duration of the visit. Click here to learn how to put on, wear, and take off a mask.
- Visitors are allowed for patients on enhanced respiratory precautions (ERI). You can view this instructional video for correct use of Personal Protective Equipment by visitors to patients on ERI.
- Visitors will be limited to access to the patient’s room. Visitors will have limited access to public or common areas such as cafeterias and lounges.
- Visitors are expected to practice hand hygiene and social distancing of 6 feet.
- Visitors should make every effort to avoid meal-times for patients.
- Visitors under the age of 18 are allowed. Some visitors under the age of 18 may not require an accompanying adult (i.e., an adolescent visitor who travels independently). When visitors under the age of 18 require an accompanying adult, accommodations to permit the accompanying adult as an additional visitor are at the discretion of local leadership.
- Visitors should call ahead for the patients schedule as no visitors will be allowed in patient rooms during therapy or treatment sessions.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry and need to sign-in and attest they are symptom free. Anyone experiencing any of the following symptoms will not be allowed to visit until cleared of symptoms:
- Fever or feeling feverish
- Sore throat
- New cough (not related to chronic condition)
- New nasal congestion or new runny nose (not related to seasonal allergies)
- Muscle aches
- New loss of smell or taste
- Shortness of Breath
Spaulding clinicians may have to alter or restrict visitation when medically necessary. All visitors are encouraged to contact the facility or patient prior to planning a visit. At this time, this applies only to inpatient visitors. We still do not allow visitors for any other reasons. At this time, this applies only to inpatient visitors. For visitors accompanying outpatients please review the outpatient procedures.
We also will continue our Virtual Visitor Program for any patients and their loved ones to connect by calling 617-952-6670 to schedule a session.
We understand these are challenging times and we must do so in a measured and responsible way to ensure the continued safety of our patients and staff. We thank you for your support and cooperation to ensure we maintain a healthy environment for all.
For the latest updates and information go to www.spauldingrehab.org/coronavirus
Patient and Family Guide
For information about what to expect if you are being admitted to our inpatient rehabilitation program, please review our Patient and Family Guide. Note: Due to COVID-19, policies regarding visitors, cafeteria use, clothing and personal items, and the gift kiosk have changed to comply with important infection control procedures.
Children are welcome with adult supervision. Visitation may be limited due to patient’s condition and preference. Children may not be overnight visitors. If special visiting times are necessary, we will do everything we can to accommodate your family's schedule.
Family and friends may purchase meals in the Spaulding Cape Cod Cafeteria and join the patient in the Inpatient Dining Room. The Cafeteria’s lunch and dinner options include soup and salad bar, deli sandwiches and a nutritious selection of hot entrees.
Cafeteria Full Service Hours
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
In addition, the Spaulding Cape Cod Cafeteria is open from 7:00 a.m. through 6:30 p.m. for beverages and snacks. Soup and salad bar are available from 11:30 – 6:30. A vending machine is located near the cafeteria.