Scope of Service
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod (SCC) is a licensed 60-bed inpatient rehabilitation facility providing rehabilitative care for individuals with many different debilitating injuries, illnesses and other medical conditions. All our patients benefit from the highly specialized care provided through our inpatient specialty programs. Our inpatient programs provide care for patients 16 years old and above.
Spaulding’s patients are primarily from the Cape Cod and New England area, but also come from across the United States and other nations.
Spaulding is a Medicare and Medicaid certified provider and accepts most forms of insurance.
Financial Services are available to negotiate out-of-state, international and self-pay agreements. The Financial Access Department develops the hospital’s fee schedule. Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod does not discriminate based on payor source.
At Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod, special attention is given to ensure that an individual’s care recognizes each patient’s gender, cultural values, primary language and ability to learn.
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod operates twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Each patient admitted to Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod is expected to have a diagnosis or condition which is known to benefit from comprehensive rehabilitation intervention. Functional limitations may include any of the following:
- Mobility deficits
- Activity of Daily Living performance limitations
- Feeding or swallowing deficits
- Speech, language or hearing deficits
- Cognitive, perceptual and/or sensory deficits
Each patient admitted for inpatient rehabilitation services is expected to meet the following criteria:
- Must be medically stable to allow for full participation in three hours of interdisciplinary rehabilitation treatments. Comprehensive therapy services may include physical, occupational or speech and language therapy. Other services may include respiratory therapy, therapeutic recreation and/or psychology
- Must require daily visits by a rehabilitation physician and 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care
- Must demonstrate potential for functional and/or cognitive improvement in a reasonable length of time
- Must have a reasonable discharge plan that provides the support demanded by the level of disability predicted at the time of discharge