Physical Therapy: What to Expect from Spaulding Rehabilitation
Physical therapy (PT) can be your lifeline back to normalcy when you are recovering from an illness or injury. At Spaulding Rehab, our goal is to improve your mobility, strength, and functional ability, to achieve your highest functional level and optimal quality of life.
Our physical therapists are part of a physician led, interdisciplinary rehabilitation team, working in collaboration with you and your family to customize your care across our multiple levels of care – hospital rehabilitation, outpatient, skilled nursing and long-term acute care.
What is physical therapy?
Physical therapy addresses injuries or impairments that limit an individual’s abilities to move and perform functional activities that are integral to daily life.
Why physical therapy?
Whether you have physical impairment, have been injured, or received surgery due to a chronic condition, physical therapy is a vital component to the recovery process. Physical therapy can help:
- Fix irregular patterns of movement
- Prevent scar tissue build up
- Increase flexibility in muscles and joints
- Strengthen muscles and reduce imbalances
- Improve quality of life
What to Expect
When a patient receives physical therapy at one of our Spaulding Rehab centers, you can expect a physical therapist to:
- Review a patients’ medical history and referrals from other health professionals
- Assess a patient's functional mobility
- Develop an individualized care plan that may include outlining the patients’ goals and the expected outcomes
- Hands-on therapies may include guided or interventional exercises, stretching, and use of PT related equipment to increase mobility, reduce pain, and prevent future injuries
- Record and evaluate a patient's progress and modifying physical therapies and treatments when needed
- Educate a patient and establish expectations during the recovery process and how to strategically address challenges throughout the process
Levels Of Care for Physical Therapy
We offer physical therapy in every level of care setting with treatment programs designed around your goals. We’ll work with you and your family to reach the highest functional levels you can achieve and improve the quality of your life.
Spaulding's Approach to Physical Therapy
We treat people recovering from a range on conditions including:
- Orthopedic conditions
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Cardiac disorders
We use a variety of manual techniques, treatment modalities, advanced technologies and educational programs to cater to the specific needs of you, our patient.
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Boston
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Braintree
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Brighton
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Cambridge
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Cape Ann
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Downtown Crossing
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Framingham
- Spaulding Outpatient Center at Emilson YMCA Hanover
- Spaulding Outpatient Center at Jewish Community Center Marblehead
- Spaulding Outpatient Rehabilitation at Kent Hospital East Greenwich
- Spaulding Outpatient Rehabilitation at Kent Hospital Pawtucket
- Spaulding Outpatient Rehabilitation at Kent Hospital Providence
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Lynn
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Malden
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Medford
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Orleans
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Peabody
- Spaulding Outpatient Center South Shore YMCA Quincy
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Salem
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Sandwich
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Wellesley
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Westborough
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Hyannis
- Spaulding Outpatient Center at YMCA Marblehead