Speech-Language Pathology and Voice Therapy
If you are experiencing difficulties with speech, communication, cognition, voice, or swallowing as a result of illness injury, our team of speech language pathologists can provide the help and resources you need at both the inpatient and outpatient levels of care. We understand that these changes can be difficult physically and emotionally for you and your loved ones. Our team is here to guide and support you through each step.
Our speech-language pathologists are experts in treating aphasia, voice, cognition, communication, and dysphagia. Aphasia refers to difficulty understanding and expressing language; for example, trouble speaking, retrieving words from memory, understanding others’ speech, and writing. Dysphagia refers to impairment of any part of the swallowing process. Both can have major consequences for the patient’s quality of life and health. While dealing with these issues can be physically and emotionally trying, we will support and guide you every step of the way.
At the outpatient level, our therapists are prepared to assess and recognize the deficits impacting your life, whether you are transitioning from a more acute level of care, home care, or have been referred by your doctor. Our outpatient therapists are prepared to provide services for speech, language, cognition, voice, and swallowing.
Levels Of Care for Speech-Language Pathology and Voice Therapy
Along the way, your recovery is supported by some the most advanced rehabilitation treatments, research and programs available that create a continuum of care.
Spaulding's Approach to Speech-Language Pathology and Voice Therapy
Spaulding’s speech pathologists evaluate and treat patients with impairments in communication, thinking and remembering, feeding and swallowing resulting from:
- Brain injury (acquired or traumatic)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-concussion syndrome
- Spinal cord injury
- Other neurological disorders
Click here to sign up for classes.
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Boston
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Cambridge
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Framingham
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Medford
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Orleans
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Plymouth
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Salem
- Spaulding Eileen M. Ward Outpatient Center for Children Sandwich
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Sandwich
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Wellesley
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Yarmouth