Live Long Walk Strong
We want you to live a long, strong, healthy life. So, we’ve incorporated the Live Long Walk Strong (LLWS) clinical program into our practices to address mobility decline that often leads to falls and loss of independence.
The program is an evidence-based outpatient prevention program designed to reduce the risk of falls, fall-related injuries and functional decline among older adults (65+). The goal is to help you feel more confident on your feet and stay as independent as possible in the community.
Our interdisciplinary teams of clinicians work together with you and your family to create an individualized program to improve your strength, balance, endurance, and safety.
Together, we’ll help improve your mobility and confidence.
Levels Of Care for Our Walking Program
With a combination of highly-trained people and the most advanced rehabilitation treatments and research available, we’re here to make a difference in your life and help pave the road to wellness.
Spaulding's Approach to Our Walking Program
A Personalized Treatment Plan. An Interdisciplinary Approach.
Our interdisciplinary team will work with you and your family to provide integrated care tailored to your individual needs and personalized goals.
After a referral from a primary care physician, patients may be evaluated by a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician. Then, our rehabilitation therapists put together a customized plan to address each patient’s physical, cognitive, and behavioral needs.
The program includes education and instruction on community exercise programs and activities.
The Live Long Walk Strong Program May Include:
- Physiatry Services
- Functional Assessments
- Individualized Exercise
- Functional Task Modification
- Home Safety Recommendations
- Skilled One-on-One Rehabilitation Services
- Program Instruction
- Coordination of Care between Healthcare Providers
- Behavioral Change Strategies for Promotion of Lifelong Exercise and Healthy Aging Habits
- Recommendations for Community -Based Exercise Transition
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Boston
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Braintree
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Cambridge
- Spaulding Outpatient Center at Jewish Community Center Marblehead
- Spaulding Outpatient Center South Shore YMCA Quincy
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Salem
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Wellesley
- Spaulding Outpatient Center at YMCA Marblehead