Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers at Spaulding Center for Children Sandwich
The excitement of sports and recreational activities shouldn’t stop after an illness or injury. In fact, staying active can speed your recovery. It provides a bridge between rehabilitation and returning to an active lifestyle. If you have lost functionality, our Adaptive Sports program can help you discover activities that challenge your body and competitive streak, and help improve your body awareness in a healthy, inclusive community. We give you a safe, ideal opportunity to try new sports or simply get back to your favorite one.
Open to all ages and led by adaptive sports professionals and Spaulding therapists, we’ll help match your desire and capabilities to the right mix of activities.
For information about our current program offerings, please click here.
Spauldings Approach to Program Sports & Activities
We offer a wide variety of land and water-based activities. From cycling to golf to rock climbing to fishing and windsurfing – even horseback riding. Sports activities vary by season and location.
Click here to view our calendar and register for an activity.
- Adaptive Ice Skating
- Alpine (Downhill) Skiing and Snowboarding
- Air Rifle
- Inclusive Fitness Training
- Recumbent and Hand Cycling (indoor and outdoor)
- Rock Wall Climbing (indoor and outdoor)
- Sled Hockey – Shamrocks and Sledgehogs (Youth)
- Sitting Volleyball
- Stunt Kite Flying
- Tai Chi
- Therapeutic Drumming
- Therapeutic Horseback Riding
- Wheelchair Basketball and Tennis
- Stand-up Paddling
- Air Rifle
- Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding
- Sport Fishing
- Sport & Spirit Weekend
- Northeast Passage
- Boston Shamrocks
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Kelly Brush Foundation
Access Recreation Boston
- Vermont Adaptive
- Friends of Stowe Adaptive Sports
- Waterville Valley Adaptive Sports
- Adaptive Sports Partners of the North Country
- Eastern Adaptive Sports
- Disabled Sports USA
- US Paralympics
- USA Hockey
- MASS Hockey
Turning Insights Into Treatment
Adaptive Sports Medicine Clinic
Provides sports-related expertise and injury treatment to support recreational and elite athletes with disabilities.