Burn Rehabilitation at Spaulding Cambridge
Here, at Spaulding Rehabilitation Network, we recognize your recovery is more than just physical. Our holistic approach considers your body, mind and spirit — providing a full range of exceptional care. And with world-class burn experts and state-of-the-art technology, you can rest assured you’re in the most capable hands.
Our burn expertise and care extends from inpatient rehabilitation to outpatient follow-up care. At every stage, our goal is to help you maximize functional independence, find emotional strength and confidence, and successfully transition back to home, work and your community. Family plays an integral role in this process. During hospital stays, we teach your family practical skills and therapeutic techniques to enhance your care after discharge.
Spaulding's Approach to Burn Rehabilitation
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Boston, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod
Spaulding’s network provides and coordinates care at multiple levels to meet a full range of burn injury needs, including inpatient rehabilitation.
As part of your rehabilitation, you will have access to:
- Rehabilitation physician-led teams, which include physical, occupational, speech, and recreational therapists, music therapists, case managers, mental health and internal medicine specialists, and nurses with specialized training in burn rehabilitation.
- Individual peer counseling and participation in community burn support groups
- Training to teach family members how to assist with specific therapeutic activities during hospital treatment and after you go home
- Proven therapeutic interventions including splinting and serial casting, brace clinic, and assistive technology
Spaulding Hospital for Continuing Medical Care Cambridge
Long-term Acute Care Hospitals (LTAC) are for people whose burn is severe or combined with other serious medical problems. Oftentimes, patients in need of LTAC-level care have complex medical and rehabilitation needs and are transferred directly from an acute hospital intensive-care unit (ICU) to one of our facilities.
As part of our LTAC programs, patients receive:
- More intensive medical services than a nursing home and patients generally stay for a longer period of time.
- A wide range of medical services as specialized physicians, nurses, and other clinicians work together to provide specific medical treatments.
- Specialty nursing services including: wound care, telemetry, dialysis, chemotherapy, and rehabilitation therapy.
- Rehabilitation services provided as needed by physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, therapeutic recreation specialists, music therapists
Spaulding Nursing and Therapy Center Brighton
Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) are for people whose stroke may be less severe or have improved enough medically to no longer need hospital level care. Our SNF program are right for people who require short-term rehabilitation care including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech therapy, combined with medical oversight.
Our goal is to get you home as quickly as possible, fully equipped to perform tasks necessary for everyday living.