Following cardiac arrest, heart attack (myocardial infarction), heart surgery or other cardiac event, you need and deserve to be surrounded by experts in cardiac care and rehabilitation. We are here to help renew your hope, improve your health and functionality and offer a pathway to greater independence.
We’ll be there by your side, providing you and your family support as you rebuild your strength and prepare to return home to your community and the life you love.
Spaulding’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs include:
- Dedicated clinical cardiac team
- Close medical supervision and medication management
- Specialty services, including heart monitoring (telemetry), respiratory therapy, cardiology consultation and more
- Individualized treatment plan to maximize functional gains
- Coordinated physical and occupational therapies and a progressive exercise program
- Comprehensive educational program for you and your family on lifestyle changes, including exercise, diet and stress management
- Resources to help you deal with the emotional issues associated with heart disease and lifestyle change
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Dedicated care coordinator to arrange home care if needed and to facilitate ongoing treatments, outpatient therapy or services with community resources
- Therapeutic recreation services, including relaxation techniques, smoking cessation and preparation for leisure activities
Our Approach to Cardiac Rehabilitation
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program offers a comprehensive approach to recovery focused on returning you to an active, productive life. Our physicians, nurses and therapists work together to help you reach your maximum level of function and independence. No matter how complex or challenging the situation, Spaulding delivers the highest quality cardiac care.