Post COVID-19 Outpatient Rehabilitation Program
For many affected with COVID-19, returning home and resuming life may be harder than anticipated. Many patients who are recovering from COVID-19 will continue to face physical, cognitive, or mental health problems. To address these recovery needs, Spaulding Rehabilitation Network is dedicated to providing specialized care for patients who are recovering or were hospitalized for COVID-19.
Who is eligible?
Patients who are recovering at home or have been discharged from the hospital or inpatient rehabilitation facility and who are experiencing symptoms related to their illness.
What symptoms do we address?
Patients who are recovering from a critical illness may experience various symptoms. Some of the common symptoms following a critical illness that we address include physical symptoms such as functional impairment, weakness and balance problems, musculoskeletal pain or contractures, deconditioning, and dysphagia.
Care and Services
We will provide a number of services based on each patient’s individual need. Our physician-led team consists of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Patients will have an initial virtual video evaluation with a physiatrist to assess their pulmonary, neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs.
- Physical therapists will conduct virtual video evaluations and design an individualized, home-based exercise program to address the patient’s pulmonary, musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments.
- Occupational therapy virtual video sessions will be offered to help patients who have difficulty performing activities of daily living including eating, bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Speech language pathologists will be offered via virtual video sessions to provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments.
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients.
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Post-COVID Recovery Pogram or to make an appointment, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.
To learn more about Spaulding COVID-19 response, click here.