COVID Rehabilitation Program
For many COVID-19 survivors, they will continue to face physical, cognitive, or mental health problems after their initial recovery. To address the unique needs of each COVID-19 patient, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital is dedicated to providing specialized, multidisciplinary care for the rehabilitation of patients post COVID-19.
Who is eligible?
Spaulding welcomes patients who have tested positive and received treatment for Coronavirus to their COVID-19 recovery programs to help address and ease long-term affects. The COVID-19 recovery program helps address a wide range of physical symptoms following recovery and is available at all of our Outpatient Center locations.
What symptoms do we address?
Patients who are recovering from the COVID-19 novel coronavirus may experience various symptoms. Recovery from a critical illness affects everyone differently, and our team creates treatment plans to fit each individual. Some of the common symptoms following COVID recovery that we address include
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Joint pain
- Functional impairment
- Weakness and balance problems
We know that patients recovering from COVID-19 may also experience emotional and psychological symptoms including depression and anxiety. Spaulding Rehabilitation has a variety of support groups as well as a network of behavioral and mental health professionals who can support you throughout your rehabilitation.
Coronavirus Recovery Care and Services
Our clinic will provide a number of services based on each patient’s individual need. Our multidisciplinary physician-led team consists of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Patients will have an initial evaluation with a physiatrist to assess their neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs,
- Physical therapists will conduct evaluations following discharge and design an individualized, home-based exercise program to address the patient’s musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments
- Occupational therapy sessions will be offered to help patients who have difficulty performing activities of daily living including eating, bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Speech language pathologists will be offered to provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments.
- Ongoing rehabilitation care can be continued at one of our convenient Spaulding Outpatient Center sites when in person visits are appropriate
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients.
- Virtual visits, outpatient rehabilitation and home-based rehabilitation are available.
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
The COVID Rehabilitation Program is available at all of the Spaulding Outpatient Center locations. Please contact a location that is convenient for you. For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.
Learn more about Spaulding COVID-19 response.
Levels Of Care
Along the way, your recovery is supported by some the most advanced rehabilitation treatments, research and programs available that create a continuum of care.
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Boston
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Braintree
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Brighton
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Cambridge
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Cape Ann
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Downtown Crossing
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Framingham
- Spaulding Outpatient Center at Emilson YMCA Hanover
- Spaulding Outpatient Center at Jewish Community Center Marblehead
- Spaulding Outpatient Rehabilitation at Kent Hospital East Greenwich
- Spaulding Outpatient Rehabilitation at Kent Hospital Pawtucket
- Spaulding Outpatient Rehabilitation at Kent Hospital Providence
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Lynn
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Malden
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Medford
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Orleans
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Peabody
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Plymouth
- Spaulding Outpatient Center South Shore YMCA Quincy
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Salem
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Sandwich
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Wellesley
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Westborough
- Spaulding Outpatient Center Hyannis
- Spaulding Outpatient Center at YMCA Marblehead