As a premier postacute care organization, Spaulding is dedicated to offering innovative and high-quality care. Our telehealth program aims to:
- Develop and manage the leading telehealth programs in the post-acute space
- Provide patients virtual access to world renown rehabilation specialists
- Design and implement innovative eRehabilation programs to improve patient recovery
- Educate and support clinicans in the adoption on telehealth technology
Spaulding's Approach to Telehealth
We offer many telehealth options including Virtual Visits and Virtual Consults.
Virtual Visits Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enroll?
Talk to your patient service coordinator or clinic staff and they will assist with your enrollment. To learn more, visit MGH Tele-health's website.
Am I eligible for Virtual Visits?
Virtual Visits are not appropriate for every clinical encounter so we recommend that you ask your provider about this program. You and your doctors will decide if Virtual Visits are appropriate.
Is there a cost for Virtual Visits?
Similar to your copay for your in-person office visits, you will be charged a fee for your Virtual Visits. You may be responsible for this payment as most insurance plans do not currently pay for Virtual Visits in Massachusetts.
Are Virtual Visits safe, secure and private?
Spaulding wants to ensure you receive the highest quality of health care and to have a relationship with you built on trust. This trust includes our commitment to respect the privacy and confidentiality of your health information:
- Just like a regular doctor’s appointment, your Virtual Visit needs to be kept private and confidential. It is important that you select a private and secure place for your Virtual Visit so that others cannot see or hear your protected health information
- We use the most advanced and secure videoconferencing software so that your appointment cannot be hacked or intercepted
- Your personal health information will be safely recorded and placed in your medical record
- Please see the “Partners Notice for Use and Sharing of Protected Health In-formation” for more details on how we maintain and protect your health in-formation
Which physicians participate in the Virtual Visit program?
The following physicians participate in the Virtual Visit program:
- Jeff Schneider
- Joanne Borg-Stein
- Sabrina Paganoni
- Susan Quinn
- Christine Eng
- Adam Tenforde
- David Crandell
- Joseph Hanak
- Alexis Iaccarino
- Lenny Shinchuk
- Dana Kotler
- Ariana Vora
- Donna Nimec
- Zach Isaac
- Marca Alexander
- Chloe Slocum
- Shirley Shih
- Marwa Ahmed
- Christopher Carter
- Mel Glenn
- Jaye Hefner
- Jen Kurz
- Walter Panis
Virtual Consultation is a new way that specialty consultants and the Spaulding care team can collaborate on patient care through an online videoconference.
Consulting specialists can virtually consult their patients who have been discharged to Spaulding. This helps to reduce stressful commute for both the providers and the patients.
How Telehealth is Transforming Patient Access Across the Spualding Network
- Spaulding Cambridge - Virtual Care Coordination, Virtual Burn COnsultations, Virtual Wound Care Consultation
- Spaulding Charlestown - Virtual Burn Consultations, Virtual Orthopedic Consultations, Virtual Neurology Consultations
- Spaulding Brighton - Virtual Orthopedic Consultations, Virtual Wound Care Consultation
- Spaulding Cape Cod - Virtual Optometry Consultations