COVID Recovery Program in Marblehead, MA
The COVID-19 recovery process is unique for most patients; in fact, one of the most common questions we receive is, “How long is the COVID-19 recovery process?” According to the CDC, patients should begin to recover from COVID within 10-14 days. However, many COVID-19 survivors contiSpaulding Rehabilitation in Marblehead welcomes patients who have received a positive laboratory diagnosis of COVID-19 and still continue to experience symptoms of COVID-19 post initial diagnosis and treatment.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Complications brought forth by COVID-19 may be present in patients for weeks or even months after diagnosis. Spaulding Rehabilitation in Marblehead is committed to addressing the challenging recovery needs of COVID-19 patients. Patient long-term symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Impaired thinking and concentration
- Rapid heart rate
- Hair loss
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
- Changes in mood
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Marblehead provides a number of medical and professional services based on each patient’s individual needs. Our COVID Recovery Program physician-led team consists of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Physiatrists may assess their neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs of the patient.
- Physical therapists may conduct evaluations following discharge and design a home-based exercise program to address the patient musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments.
- Occupational therapy sessions are available to help patients who have difficulty performing daily living activities.
- Speech language pathologists are offered to provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments.
- Ongoing rehabilitation care can be continued when in person visits are appropriate.
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients.
- Telehealth visits are available when requested or necessary.
To learn more about support groups and other mental health-related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.