Policies & What to Expect
PLEASE read the following important information regarding your appointments at Spaulding Outpatient Center Westborough:
A physician prescription (written order) is required for you to start receiving physical therapy services. Please bring your prescription for therapy to your initial appointment
Initial Evaluation: Please arrive 15 minutes early to allot time to check in and complete the registration process. Your time in the clinic will be approximately 60 minutes. Please bring your insurance card, picture identification and completed patient intake form. This form is available here. Also, be sure to bring your prescription from the doctor and a list of medications if applicable. It is advised to wear comfortable clothing and shoes that will be easy to move in.
Treatments: Each follow up session may include education, exercise, the use of modalities, and/or manual work. Please inform your therapist of any changes in your medications or medical status. You should make sure your appointments are booked ahead of time to prevent lapse of treatment.
- If your insurance requires that you have a referral from your Primary Care Physician (PCP) for therapy treatment, please obtain this prior to your visit. (Insurance referrals are different than a physician prescription).
- If you choose to receive care without the necessary referrals or authorizations from your insurance, you will assume responsibility for payment. If services are not covered and you still desire them, you may opt to self-pay for each visit.
- It is your responsibility to check your insurance coverage/benefits.
- Please alert us if your insurance changes during your course of treatment.
- If you have questions about your bills, please call our Spaulding Billing Customer Service Line.
24 Hour Cancellation Policy
We are a busy practice and appointments are at a premium. Please provide at least 24 hour notice for cancellations so we can notify patients on our wait list. Please be aware that multiple cancellations can affect your recovery, can jeopardize your insurance coverage, and may result in discharge from our service.