COVID Rehabilitation Program
One of the most common questions asked in our outpatient centers is "How long is COVID recovery?" Unfortunately, for each patient the effects of Coronavirus vary; thus, the COVID-19 recovery period can be broad. Symptoms of COVID can still be present long after treatment is administered. Fortunately, the medical professionals at Spaulding Outpatient Center in Wellesley, MA understand the complexities of recovering from Coronavirus. For this reason, we offer a holistic approach to treatment and recovery from COVID-19.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 Rehabilitation?
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Wellesley, MA welcomes all patients diagnosed with COVID-19 who wish to seek additional treatment for the lingering effects of Coronavirus.
What post-COVID-19 symptoms do we address?
Patients experiencing severe, prolonged symptoms of COVID-19 run the risk of becoming critically ill. Thus, post COVID rehabilitation should be pursued in such circumstances. Post COVID-19 symptoms may include:
- Difficulty with concentration or sleep problems
- Lingering cough
- Persistent fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Joint & muscle pain
- Elevated heart rate
- Chest pain
- Loss of smell or taste
- Hair loss
Spaulding Outpatient Center of Wellesley Care and Services
When it comes to COVID-19 recovery, Spaulding Outpatient Center in Wellesley, MA takes a holistic approach to rehabilitation, identifying the needs of each patient. Providing an integrative approach to medicine, their physician led services consist of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Physiatrists begin the patient evaluation process, assessing the neurological, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs of every patient.
- When deemed necessary, patients will have the opportunity to meet with an occupational therapist to help patients who have difficulty performing common living activities which include bathing and self-care.
- Speech language pathologists are available to help with cognitive impairments.
- Translator services are available when necessary for every patient.
- Home-based outpatient rehabilitation services are available for patients, including virtual visits.
Support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources are available for COVID-19 survivors. Please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.
To learn more about Spaulding COVID-19 response, click here.