COVID Recovery Program in Sandwich, MA
Many COVID-19 survivors continue to face a number of health problems following the designated time period typically associated with recovery from COVID. According to the Center of Disease Control (CDC), recovery time for COVID-19 typically lasts around two weeks. However, for many, symptoms can persist for weeks and even months. To address these challenging recovery needs, Spaulding Rehabilitation in Sandwich, MA is dedicated to providing specialized care for the rehabilitation of patients post COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Sandwich, MA invites patients who have a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 and continue to struggle with post COVID-19 recovery symptoms.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Sandwich, MA strives to address the diverse recovery needs of COVID-19 patients who continue to suffer from long-term symptoms related to COVID. These symptoms include:
- Rapid heart rate
- Joint pain
- Impaired thinking and concentration
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Hair loss
- Changes in mood
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Spaulding COVID Recovery Program in Sandwich, MA provides a number of services based on the unique needs of each patient. Our physician-led team of medical professionals consists of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers. Typical treatment may include:
- Physiatrists to assess neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs
- Physical therapists will conduct evaluations following discharge and design home-based exercise program to address the patient’s musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments
- Occupational therapy sessions will be offered to help patients who have difficulty performing activities associated with daily living
- Speech language pathologists will be offered to provide assistance with cognitive impairments and swallowing
- Ongoing rehabilitation care may be continued at one of our convenient locations when in person visits are appropriate
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients
- Telehealth, virtual visits are available when necessary
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.