Massage Therapy at Salem Outpatient
Massage therapy relieves the muscle tension and stress you hold in your body. From the gentle kneading of muscles and other soft tissues to more deeper, manual techniques, our therapists are trained in different styles of massage to help relieve tension and create a feeling of deep relaxation and calmness. While massage affects the whole body it can particularly influence the musculoskeletal, circulatory, lymphatic, and nervous systems, making it a perfect complement to your rehabilitation therapy.
Whether you are a patient on your journey to recovery and wellness, a supportive family member in need of some self-care, or a community member looking to unwind after a long, hard week, Massage Therapy at Spaulding is here for you.
Spaulding's Approach to Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is part of our integrated approach to healthcare. It complements conventional medical treatments and is a proven method for supporting your overall health and wellness. Our medical massage practitioner will work as part of a team with you and your healthcare providers to aid in your recovery and enhance your outcome.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy May Include:
- Releasing toxins from the body
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Reduces and relieve muscle tension, headaches and migraine occurrences
- Promotes injury recovery and rehabilitation
- Enhances exercise performance
- Manage chronic neck and back discomfort
- Reduces scar tissue and helps to restore range of motion
- Lessens fibromyalgia pain
- Decreases the side effects from chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Promotes relaxation for improved sleep
- Promotes feelings of caring, comfort and connection