COVID Rehabilitation Program Salem, MA
With each passing day, the medical community continues to learn more about the many stages of COVID recovery. At Spaulding Outpatient Center in Salem, MA, our team of physician led medical professionals address the many symptoms related to post COVID recovery. Due to the many complexities presented by the Coronavirus, Spaulding Outpatient Center in Salem offers an integrative approach to treatment as related to post COVID-19 recovery.
Who is eligible for post-COVID treatment?
Spaulding Outpatient Center Salem welcomes patients who have received a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 from a testing facility and continue to experience symptoms after COVID recovery.
What post-COVID recovery symptoms do we address?
Patients who are experiencing symptoms after COVID recovery are welcome to receive additional treatment for any lingering indicators of COVID-19. If a patient continues to experience symptoms one to two weeks after initial diagnosis and treatment, Spaulding Outpatient Center in Salem has additional services available to aid in the recovery process. Symptoms may include:
- Difficulty with concentration or sleep problems
- Elevated heart rate
- Chest pain
- Lingering cough
- Hair loss
- Persistent fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Joint & muscle pain
- Loss of smell or taste
Care and Services
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Salem, MA provides an integrative approach to COVID recovery. There are many complexities associated with post COVID-19 recovery. That is why our physician led medical professional team includes physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Physiatrists assess the psychological, musculoskeletal, neurological, and cognitive needs of the patient.
- Occupational therapists assist patients who are finding difficulties in common living activities, including bathing and self-care.
- Speech language pathologists help with cognitive impairments.
- Translation services are provided to assist with medical rhetoric.
- Home-based outpatient rehabilitation services are available for patients and may include virtual visits.
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.