Sports Injury Rehabilitation & Conditioning at Spaulding Plymouth
Whether you are a weekend warrior or a seasoned athlete, our rehabilitation team is here to help you build strength, improve balance and flexibility, and increase your endurance.
We treat athletes of all ages and skill levels suffering from pain, injury or instability from participating in a sport.
Spaulding's Approach for Sports Injury Rehabilitation & Conditioning
Your rehabilitation team will evaluate your condition and recommend a treatment plan, whether that’s a simple change to your training and equipment or a more comprehensive therapy plan. We use the latest research and technology in our rehabilitative care program to help you get back your competitive edge.
Spaulding’s program covers a range of conditions, including acute and chronic sports injuries, strains, sprains, muscle, tendon and ligament tears and repairs, tendinopathies, hand injuries, shoulder dislocation and surgery, and foot and ankle dysfunction.
Our treatment plans start with hands-on care combined with customized therapy that often include:
- Biomechanical assessment of alignment, function, strength, range of motion and flexibility
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
- Modalities to increase tissue flexibility, decrease pain and swelling and promote healing
- Progressive strengthening and conditioning
- Consultation regarding bracing, taping and orthotics
- Aquatic exercise programs