Sports Rehabilitation in Peabody, MA
Whether you are a weekend warrior or a seasoned athlete, our sports rehab services are designed for athletic individuals to help them build strength, improve balance and flexibility, and increase endurance.
According to the Center of Disease Control (CDC), sports and exercise related injuries equate for roughly 18% of all injuries in the United States reported each year. Spaulding Rehabilitation treats athletes of all ages and skill levels suffering from pain or injury from participating in a sport.
Our rehabilitation team will evaluate your condition and create a custom sports rehabilitation treatment plan. Whether it’s a simple change to your training and equipment or a more comprehensive therapy plan, we use the latest research and technology in our rehabilitative care program to help you get back your competitive edge.
How Technology Impacts Sports and Rehab
Spaulding Rehabilitation leverages the latest technology to address sports related injuries. Our athlete rehabilitation centers allow athletes of all levels to receive state of the art treatment. Treatment may include:
- Theragun Massage Therapy
- Wearable Technology Monitoring
- Ice Compression Machines
Spaulding's Approach for Sports Injury Rehabilitation & Conditioning
Spaulding’s program covers a range of conditions, including acute sports injuries, strains, sprains, muscle, tendon and ligament tears and repairs, tendinopathies, hand injuries, shoulder dislocation and surgery, and foot and ankle dysfunction.
Typically, our treatment plans start with hands-on care combined with customized therapy that often include:
- Biomechanical assessment of alignment, function, strength, range of motion and flexibility
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
- Modalities to increase tissue flexibility, decrease pain and swelling and promote healing
- Progressive strengthening and conditioning
- Consultation regarding bracing, taping and orthotics
- Aquatic exercise programs