COVID Recovery Peabody, MA
According to the Center of Disease Control (CDC), the average length of COVID recovery is typically 10 to 14 days. However, many COVID-19 survivors continue to face long-term health problems beyond this average time frame. To address these long-term post needs, Spaulding Rehabilitation in Peabody, MA is dedicated to providing specialized care crafted for the rehabilitation of patients post COVID-19.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
For many, recovery of COVID-19 can present a variety of challenges. Thus, Spaulding Rehabilitation in Peabody welcomes all patients who have received a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 and continue to experience symptoms related to the disease post recovery.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Peabody seeks to address the recovery needs of COVID patients who continue to suffer from the long-term side effects of Coronavirus. These symptoms typically include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Joint pain
- Impaired thinking and concentration
- Rapid heart rate
- Changes in mood
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
- Hair loss
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Spaulding Rehabilitation COVID Recovery Program in Peabody, MA offers a variety of services based on each patient’s individual needs. Our physician-led team of medical health professionals consists of case managers, physiatrists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech language pathologists. A patient may receive:
- A Physiatrist evaluation to assess neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs
- Occupational therapy sessions to help with the difficulty of performing activities of daily living including eating, bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Physical therapist evaluation following discharge who will design an individualized, home-based exercise program to address the any possible musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments
- Speech language pathologist sessions to provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments.
- Additional, ongoing in person rehabilitation care that can be continued at one of our convenient Spaulding Outpatient Center sites when in person visits are appropriate.
- Translator services for Non-English speaking patients.
- Telehealth, virtual visits are available when in-person visits are not appropriate.
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.