COVID Recovery Program in Orleans, MA
One of the most common questions asked surrounding the Coronavirus is, "What is the average recovery time for COVID 19?" According to the Center of Disease Control (CDC), COVID recovery takes typically 10-14 days. However, many COVID-19 patients continue to struggle with COVID long-term symptoms beyond the typical recovery time. That is why Spaulding Rehabilitation in Orleans, MA is dedicated to providing additional, specialized care for the rehabilitation of patients post COVID-19.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Orleans welcomes all patients who have received a positive laboratory diagnosis of COVID-19 and continue to suffer from COVID related symptoms.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Orleans strives to address the needs of COVID patients who continue to experience long-term side effects of Coronavirus. These symptoms typically include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Joint pain
- Impaired thinking and concentration
- Rapid heart rate
- Changes in mood
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
- Hair loss
- Headaches after COVID recovery
- Rash after COVID recovery
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Spaulding Rehabilitation COVID Recovery Program in Orleans, MA offers customized services based on each patient’s unique needs. Our physician-led team consists of physiatrists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech language pathologists, and case managers. This may include:
- Physiatrist evaluation to assess neurologic, musculoskeletal, and psychological needs
- Occupational therapy sessions to help with the difficulty of performing activities of daily living
- Physical therapist evaluation following discharge who will design an individualized, home-based exercise program to address possible musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments
- Speech language pathologists are offered to provide assistance with cognitive impairments
- Additional, ongoing in person rehabilitation care can be continued when in person visits are appropriate
- Non-English speaking patients are offered translator services
- Telehealth, virtual visits are available when in-person visits are not appropriate
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.
To learn more about Spaulding COVID-19 response, click here.