Cancer Rehabilitation at Spaulding Medford
The Cancer Rehabilitation Program at Spaulding Medford and Malden Outpatient Centers provide a center of excellence for Cancer Rehabilitation to help patients with cancer regain physical abilities and maintain independence.
This program welcomes patients with a history of cancer who have ANY impairments due to their cancer diagnosis and cancer treatments. We provide a personalized program to meet a patient's individual needs. Our experts aim to improve pain, function and quality of life for all levels of cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Our team of oncology clinicians includes:
- Physical therapists (PT)
- Occupational therapists (OT)
- Speech-language pathologists (SLP)
- Medical massage therapists
- Receive advice/tips on daily living, adapting to changes, learn how to handle both temporary and long-term side effects
The program welcomes patients with a history of cancer who have any impairments due to their cancer diagnosis and/or treatment. These impairments can include:
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy
- Back pain from cancer, metastases or prior treatment for cancer
- Arm, leg or joint pain from cancer, metastases or prior treatment for cancer
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Deconditioning, weakness and fatigue
- Nerve dysfunction
- Cognitive issues
- Swallowing issues
- Difficulty speaking
- Difficulty opening the mouth (trismus)
- Balance and gait difficulty
- Bowel incontinence
- Bladder incontinence
- Sexual dysfunction
The Spaulding Cancer Rehabilitation Program at Medford and Malden strives to improve function and quality of life for each patient. We look forward to helping you find your strength.
Cancer Rehab Patient Information
*** If you are not located close to the Spaulding Medford or Malden area, there are other clinicians in the Spaulding Network who also specialize in the impairments associated with cancer diagnoses and treatment affects. Give us a call or check our various locations at www.spauldingrehab.org for additional information.