COVID Recovery Program Medford, MA
According to the Center of Disease Control (CDC) recovery time for COVID-19 typically takes 10-14 days. However, many COVID-19 survivors continue to face a variety of health problems long after diagnosis and treatment. For those who continue to experience the effects of COVID-19 after recovery, Spaulding Rehabilitation in Medford, MA provides specialized, multidisciplinary care for patients post COVID.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Medford, MA welcomes patients who have received a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 and continue to experience recovery symptoms.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Medford makes every effort to address the recovery needs of COVID-19 patients who continue to struggle with symptoms related to COVID. These symptoms typically include:
- Rapid heart rate
- Joint pain
- Impaired thinking and concentration
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
- Hair loss
- Changes in mood
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Spaulding Rehabilitation COVID Recovery Program in Medford offers expert led services based on each patient’s unique needs. Our medical-health professional team consists of physiatrists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech language pathologists, and case managers. This may include:
- An initial evaluation with a physiatrist to assess their neurologic, musculoskeletal, and psychological needs
- Physical therapists will conduct evaluations following discharge and design an individualized, home-based exercise program
- Occupational therapy sessions will be offered to help patients who have difficulty performing activities of daily living
- Speech language pathologists will be offered to provide assistance with cognitive impairments.
- Ongoing rehabilitation care can be continued at one of our convenient locations when in person visits are appropriate
- Non-English speaking patients are offered translation services
- Telehealth, virtual visits are available
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.