COVID Recovery Care in Malden, MA
Recovery time for COVID-19 can vary greatly from patient to patient. Many COVID-19 survivors continue to face COVID symptoms after recovery as related to their physical, cognitive, or mental health. The medical health professionals at Spaulding Outpatient Center in Malden, MA understand the unique challenges presented by the Coronavirus and that is why they offer a multidisciplinary approach to treatment and recovery.
Who is eligible for post-COVID recovery care?
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Malden welcomes patients who are experiencing lingering COVID-19 symptoms after diagnosis and treatment has been initiated.
What COVID symptoms after recovery do we address?
A small population of COVID-19 survivors face lingering COVID-19 symptoms long after initial treatment that continues to impair their quality of life. These symptoms may include some or all of the following:
- Persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Loss of smell or taste
- Difficulty with concentration or sleep problems
- Hair loss
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Malden Care and Services
COVID rehabilitation in Malden provides a variety of services as related to each patient's individual needs and their post COVID-19 symptoms. Our integrative approach to medicine offers each patient the opportunity to experience a variety of physician led services consisting of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Physiatrists initiate patient evaluations, assessing the patient's neurological, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs
- If necessary, patients will have the opportunity to meet with an occupational therapist to help patients who have difficulty performing common daily living activities
- Speech language pathologists are available to help with cognitive impairments and swallowing
- Translator services are available when necessary
- Virtual visits and home-based outpatient rehabilitation services are available for qualifying patients.
Are you suffering from post COVID-19 related symptoms? You're not alone and there is help. To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact us at 617.952.6220.