COVID Rehabilitation Program
For many experiencing mild symptoms of the coronavirus, COVID-19 recovery time ranges from one to two weeks. However, for more severe cases the prolonged symptoms of COVID-19 can extend for a far greater period of time. At Spaulding Outpatient Center in Lynn, MA our team of medical professionals recognize the complexities involved in patients who are still experiencing symptoms beyond the average COVID recovery time. For this reason, we offer a multidisciplinary approach to treatment of COVID-19 related symptoms
After COVID Recovery: What's next?
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Lynn, MA continues to welcome patients who have tested positive COVID-19 and yet still continue to experience prolonged symptoms beyond typical recovery times.
What symptoms do we address?
For many patients, the COVID-19 recovery period is brief. However, some patients experience more severe, long-term symptoms related to COVID. Spaulding Outpatient Center in Lynn, MA addresses such severe symptoms which may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Joint & muscle pain
- Chest pain
- Loss of smell or taste
- Difficulty with concentration or sleep problems
- Hair loss
- Lingering cough
- Persistent fatigue
- Elevated heart rate
COVID-19 Care and Services
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Lynn, MA provides a multi-disciplinary approach to COVID rehabilitation. We recognize the complexities associated with Coronavirus and that is why our dedicated team of physician led medical professionals includes physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Physiatrists assess the neurological, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs of the patient.
- Occupational therapists help patients navigate common living activities which include bathing and self-care.
- Speech language pathologists assist with cognitive impairments.
- Translators provide language assistance when necessary.
- Home-based outpatient rehabilitation services are available for patients which can include virtual visits.
Support groups and resources are available for COVID-19 survivors. Please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.
To learn more about Spaulding COVID-19 response, click here.