What to Expect
We are happy you have chosen Spaulding Outpatient Center Hyannis for your rehabilitation. In preparation for your visit, please see our hours and review the information below.
You will be seen by a licensed clinician during your course of care at Spaulding Hyannis. Many of our clinicians have specialty certifications and interests. Please click here to learn more about the talented clinicians at the Yarmouth Center.
On, or before, your first visit, be prepared to fill out a Health Intake form to inform your clinician about your health, medical history, and special needs. It is important to always inform your clinicians about any changes in your health status or medications during your course of care.
PLEASE read the following important information regarding your time at our clinic:
- A physician prescription (MD order) is required for you to start receiving physical, occupational and speech therapy services. Massage is a usually self-pay service and does not require a physician’s order.
- Initial Evaluation: Please arrive 15 minutes early to allot time to check in and complete the registration process. Your time in the clinic will be approximately 60 minutes. Please bring your insurance card and picture identification, and Health Intake Form. It is advised to wear comfortable clothing and shoes that will be easy to move in.
- Treatments: Each follow up session may include education, exercise, the use of modalities, and/or manual work. Please inform your therapist of any changes in your medications or medical status. You should make sure your appointments are booked ahead of time to prevent a lapse in treatment.
- Insurance Information:
- If your insurance requires that you have a referral from your Primary Care Physician (PCP) for therapy treatment, please obtain this prior to your visit. (Insurance referrals are different than a physician prescription)
- If you choose to receive care without the necessary referrals or authorizations from your insurance, you will assume responsibility for payment. If services are not covered and you still desire them, you may opt to self-pay for each visit.
- It is your responsibility to check your insurance coverage/benefits.
- If your insurance requires co-payments, they are due at the time of each visit. We accept checks and credit card payments.
- Please alert us if your insurance changes during your course of treatment.
- If you have question about your bills, please call our Spaulding Billing Customer Service Line: 617-726-3884.
24 Hour Cancellation Policy: We are a busy practice and appointments are at a premium. Please be aware that multiple cancellations and no-shows can affect your recovery, can jeopardize your insurance coverage, and may result in discharge from our service.