Parkinson’s Treatment Hyannis, MA
Parkinson's disease is a debilitating movement disorder that graduates take away your body's ability to move and function on its own. Specific cells in the brain are progressively attacked, slowly limiting movement throughout the body. The cause of the disorder is unknown, but with today's advancements in medical science and technology, Spaulding Rehabilitation is able to provide the highest quality Parkinsons' therapy programs in Hyannis, MA. Our individual treatment plans are designed to not only address the symptoms but also slow down the progression of the disease. At Spaulding Rehabilitation, we understand how important it is for you to maintain the highest quality of life possible.
What Parkinson's Symptoms Will Spaulding Rehabilitation Address at Our Hyannis, MA Location?
Spaulding Rehabilitation offers Parkinson's disease therapy in Hyannis, MA that will address a majority of the symptoms associated with the disorder. The symptoms of Parkinson's disease range from very mild to severe and can progressively worsen at different rates. Each patient who is diagnosed with Parkinson's will be affected differently. Just as they are affected differently, they will also respond to treatment differently. The symptoms they experience can include:
- Speech difficulties
- Poor posture
- Loss of balance
- Difficulty writing or using fine motor skills
Individuals may experience a few of the symptoms or just one. At Spaulding Rehabilitation, we identify each symptom and work to create a customized treatment program that addresses the needs of that patient. No two patients are the same. That is why no two treatment options are the same. Individualized care is the key to a successful treatment plan.
What to Expect at Our Parkinson's Treatment Program in Hyannis, MA
When you visit Spaulding Rehabilitation to receive Parkinsons' therapy in Hyannis, MA, you can expect to receive the highest quality of care possible. With our advanced physical and occupational therapy methods and medical treatment options, we can provide you with a comprehensive rehabilitation program that will allow you to regain as much control as possible. Restoring your ability to move freely and improving your quality of life is Spaulding Rehabilitation's primary goal.
Inpatient Parkinson's Program
Spaulding’s Inpatient Parkinson’s Program components may include:
- Comprehensive management of the person’s medical, functional, and behavioral needs with a focus on promoting independence and safety
- Medical consultation with neurologist or rehabilitation physician
- 24-hour nursing care with a focus on medication management
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies as needed
- Education for patient and family
- Nutrition counseling and support
- Advanced rehabilitation technologies, including assistive technologies, body-weight support systems, and electrical stimulation devices
- Speech therapies including the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT)
- Education in fall prevention
Outpatient Parkinson’s Program
Spaulding's Outpatient Parkinson’s Program components may include:
- Comprehensive evaluation of the patient’s medical, functional, and behavioral status
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies as needed, including LSVT
- Parkinson’s Exercise and Wellness Program
- Parkinson’s Healthy Mindset Program
- Adaptive Sports Program
- Vibrant Voices
- Orthotics Clinic
- Wheelchair Clinic
- Spaulding Cape Cod Rock Steady Boxing Program