COVID Recovery Program in Hanover, MA
COVID stages of recovery vary from patient to patient. Many COVID-19 survivors continue to face physical, cognitive, or mental health problems weeks after diagnosis, initial treatment, and COVID recovery time at home. To address these multifaceted recovery needs, Spaulding Rehabilitation in Hanover, MA is committed to providing specialized care for the rehabilitation of patients post COVID-19.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Hanover welcomes patients who have received positive laboratory diagnosis of COVID-19 and continue to experience recovery symptoms after previous diagnosis and treatment.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Hanover is committed to addressing the challenging recovery needs of COVID-19 patients who continue to experience symptoms related to COVID-19. These symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Hair loss
- Rapid heart rate
- Joint pain
- Impaired thinking and concentration
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
- Changes in mood
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Our COVID Recovery Center in Hanover, MA provides a variety of treatment options designed to meet each patient’s individual needs. Our integrative physician-led team of professionals consists of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Patients will receive an evaluation with a physiatrist to assess their neurologic, musculoskeletal, and psychological needs
- Physical therapists will perform evaluations following discharge and design an individualized exercise programs
- Occupational therapy sessions are offered to help patients who have difficulty performing daily living activities
- Speech language pathologists provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments
- Ongoing rehabilitation care is offered when in-person visits are appropriate
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients
- Telehealth, virtual visits are also available
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.
To learn more about Spaulding COVID-19 response, click here.