COVID Rehabilitation Program
The average recovery time for COVID-19 varies. However, if you are experiencing symptoms exceeding that which is defined by the CDC, contact the medical professionals at Spaulding Outpatient Center in Downtown Crossing. Our dedicated team of physician led professionals specializes in an integrative approach to medicine and COVID-19 care.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Downtown Crossing treats those diagnosed with COVID-19 and continue to experience symptoms related to COVID-19 after initial treatment.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Individuals who continue to experience symptoms related to COVID-19 are welcome to receive long-term treatment that addresses the many lingering effects of the virus. Spaulding Outpatient Center in Downtown Crossing’s physician-led team of medical professionals provides an integrative approach to treatment. Symptoms that are addressed may include:
- Joint & muscle pain
- Loss of smell or taste
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty with concentration
- Sleep related anomalies
- Accelerated heart rate
- Persistent cough
- Unexplained hair loss
- Chest pain
COVID-19 Care and Services
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Downtown Crossing is dedicated to providing a multidisciplinary approach to addressing the long-term symptoms related to Coronavirus. Our team of medical health professionals includes physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Physiatrist assess the neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs of the patient.
- Physical therapists conduct evaluations following discharge and design unique, home-based exercise programs to address the patient’s musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments.
- Occupational therapists offer help to patients who have difficulty performing activities of daily living including bathing, eating, dressing, and toileting.
- Speech language pathologists will be offered to provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments.
- Translation services are available for non-English speaking patients.
- Virtual visits, outpatient rehabilitation and home-based rehabilitation are available.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220. In addition, if you suffer from emotional changes related to the effects of COVID-19, you are not alone and there is help. Please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.