COVID Recovery Program Gloucester, MA
Those who have tested positive for COVID-19 will endure a variety of COVID recovery phases which may include prolonged physical, cognitive, and mental health impairments. The medical professionals at Spaulding Cape Ann are well equipped to deal with the many complexities surrounding treating COVID-19 treatment, offering a multidisciplinary approach treatment that treats the patient's unique needs.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Cape Ann gladly welcomes patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, received treatment, yet still experience lingering symptoms at least ten days after diagnosis and treatment.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 at least ten days after diagnosis and treatment, long-term treatment is available that addresses the many lingering effects of the Coronavirus. Spaulding Outpatient Center in Gloucester’s physician-led team of professionals provide a multidisciplinary approach to treatment and care. Symptoms that are addressed include:
- Difficulty with concentration
- Shortness of breath
- Sleep related anomalies
- Accelerated heart rate
- Persistent cough
- Unexplained hair loss
- Chest pain
- Joint & muscle pain
- Loss of smell or taste
What Helps with COVID Recovery?
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Gloucester is dedicated to providing an integrative approach to addressing the long-term symptoms related to COVID. Our integrative team includes physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Physiatrists assess neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs.
- Physical therapists conduct evaluations and design home-based exercise programs to address musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments.
- Occupational therapists offer help for activities of daily living including bathing, eating, dressing, and toileting.
- Speech language pathologists will be offered to provide assistance with swallowing and any cognitive impairments.
- Translation services are available when necessary.
- Virtual visits, outpatient rehabilitation and home-based rehabilitation are available.
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.
To learn more about Spaulding COVID-19 response, click here.