COVID Recovery Program in Cambridge, MA
It is not uncommon for COVID-19 lingering symptoms after recovery to be present in a patient. To address these recovery needs, Spaulding Rehabilitation in Cambridge, MA provides specialized, integrative care for the rehabilitation of patients post COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment.
Who is eligible?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Cambridge welcomes all patients who have previously tested positive for COVID-19 and continue to experience recovery symptoms after diagnosis and treatment.
What symptoms do we address?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Cambridge strives to address the recovery needs of COVID-19 patients who continue to suffer from symptoms related to COVID. These symptoms commonly include:
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
- Rapid heart rate
- Joint pain
- Impaired thinking and concentration
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Hair loss
- Changes in mood
We know that patients recovering from COVID-19 may also experience emotional and psychological symptoms including depression and anxiety. Spaulding Rehabilitation has a variety of support groups as well as a network of behavioral and mental health professionals who can support you throughout your rehabilitation.
Coronavirus Recovery Care and Services
The Spaulding COVID Recovery Program in Cambridge provides a number of services based on the unique need of each patient. Our integrative approach to medicine consists of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers. A typical patient engagement may include:
- Physiatrist assess the patient neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs
- Physical therapists will conduct evaluations and design an individualized, home-based exercise program
- Occupational therapy sessions will be offered to help patients who have difficulty performing activities of daily living
- Speech language pathologists will be offered to provide assistance with cognitive impairments.
- Ongoing rehabilitation care can be continued in-person when visits are deemed appropriate
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients
- Virtual and telehealth visits are available
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.