Movement Health at Brighton Outpatient: A Wellness & Fitness Model
“A state where you are not only injury free and absent of the presence of uncontrolled movement but also a state that allows the exerciser to choose how to move” (Blandford, 2014).
Our Movement System Specialists coach movement, assisting you to develop your most robust movement system, allowing you to achieve or regain movement choices/options.
This model also allows us to optimize movement variability and efficiency for the promotion of movement health across an individual’s lifespan.
Our movement system specialists:
- Identify the movement system impairments, and compensations that underlie pain and common patho-anatomic (medical) diagnoses.
- Retrain coordination timing and recruitment inefficiencies to regain movement control throughout the kinetic chain.
- Provide targeted movement training to optimize synergistic patterns of muscle recruitment, outcomes and prevent recurrence.
- Apply manual therapy to manage articular and myofascial restrictions.
- Use a comprehensive clinical reasoning process within a multi-dimensional perspective to allow for an individually specific approach.
- Offer Movement Health Screening & Retraining (TPM Active) to overcome performance plateaus and achieve personal goals.
Who’s a candidate? Anyone who has experienced:
- Acute or chronic pain or injury
- Recurrent symptoms
- Muscle strains
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Back and hip pain
- Upper and lower extremity injury
- Recreational to elite athletes and active individuals of all ages/activities
For more information about movement health at Brighton Outpatient, please contact Denise Frost, Director of Movement Health at Spaulding Outpatient Center Brighton, at 617-952-6000, or email email@example.com.
The Performance Matrix
Whether you want to improve your personal performance in competitive sports or simply get more out of the hobbies and physical activities you enjoy most, The Performance Matrix (TPM Active) Movement Health Program will help you reach your full potential.