COVID Recovery Program in Brighton, MA
COVID recovery phases vary from patient to patient. According to the Center of Disease Control (CDC), patients should begin recovering from COVID within 10-14 days. However, many COVID-19 survivors continue to face health problems post COVID treatment. To address these long-term, recovery needs, Spaulding Rehabilitation in Brighton, MA is dedicated to providing professional care for the rehabilitation of patients post COVID-19.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Brighton, MA encourages all patients who have had a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 and continue to experience recovery symptoms to visit our COVID Recovery Center.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
COVID complications after recovery may be present in patients for weeks or even months after diagnosis. Spaulding Rehabilitation in Brighton is committed to addressing the challenging recovery needs of COVID-19 patients. Recovery challenges may include symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Impaired thinking and concentration
- Rapid heart rate
- Hair loss
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
- Changes in mood
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Spaulding Rehabilitation COVID Recovery Center in Brighton, MA provides a number of services based on each patient’s individual need. Our professional, physician-led team consists of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Physiatrist assess neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs
- Physical therapists conduct evaluations following discharge and design individualized, home-based exercise programs
- Occupational therapy sessions are offered to help with difficulties associated with performing daily living activities
- Speech language pathologists provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments
- Ongoing rehabilitation care can be continued at a local, Spaulding Outpatient Center when in person visits are appropriate
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients
- Telehealth, virtual visits are available upon request
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.