Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program at Brighton Outpatient
A brain injury can be devastating for you and your family. We encourage you to never give up, to find the strength and courage to move forward and be the very best you you can be.
Our Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program provides cutting-edge rehabilitative care for adults and children recovering from an acquired brain injury as a result of trauma (such as an accident) or from non-traumatic causes. Our care includes advanced evaluation techniques, care and rehabilitation programs adapted to your needs and progress, and extensive family and community support.
Our physicians, nurses, therapists and other specialists are trained to evaluate and treat the physical, cognitive, and behavioral consequences of brain injury. Our brain injury specialists are dedicated to helping you return to an independent and productive life.
Your treatment team includes:
- Physical And Occupational Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Respiratory Therapists
- Behavioral Psychologists
- Case Managers
- Social Workers
- Therapeutic Recreation Specialists
- Music Therapists
- Clinical Dieticians
- Spiritual care
Spaulding's Approach to Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Boston, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod
Our inpatient rehabilitation hospital teams create an individualized rehabilitation plan to address the medical, physical, cognitive, behavioral and psychological effects associated with your brain injury.
As part of your rehabilitation, you will have access to:
- Rehabilitation physician-led teams, which include physical, occupational, speech, and recreational therapists, music therapists, case managers, social workers, mental health and internal medicine specialists, nurses with specialized training in brain injury, registered dieticians and respiratory therapists. The team also works with community organizations to help ease the transition to the next level of care.
- Proven therapeutic interventions to help improve function and safety
- Counseling to help you adjust to change and plan for the future
- Training to teach family members how to assist with specific therapeutic activities during hospital treatment and after you transition to the next level of care.
*Programs vary by location
Spaulding Hospital for Continuing Medical Care Cambridge
Long-term Acute Care Hospitals (LTAC) are for people whose brain injury is severe or combined with other serious medical problems. Oftentimes, patients in need of LTAC-level care have complex medical and rehabilitation needs and are transferred directly from an acute hospital intensive-care unit (ICU) to one of our facilities.
As part of our LTAC programs, patients receive:
- More intensive medical services than a nursing home and patients generally stay for a longer period of time.
- A wide range of medical services as specialized physicians, nurses, therapists, and other clinicians work together to provide specific medical treatments.
- Specialty nursing services including: wound care, telemetry, dialysis, and rehabilitation therapy.
- Rehabilitation services provided as needed by physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, therapeutic recreation specialists, music therapists.
Spaulding Nursing and Therapy Center Brighton
Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) are for people whose brain injury may be less severe or have improved enough medically to no longer need hospital level care. Our SNF program are right for people who require short-term rehabilitation care including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech therapy, combined with medical oversight.
Our goal is to get you home as quickly as possible, fully equipped to perform tasks necessary for everyday living.
Outpatient rehabilitative care is for patients who progressed from hospital rehabilitation or skilled nursing and returned home, but still needs help regaining complete functional independence, returning to work or re-engaging in a sport or physical activity.
Outpatient services include:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Adaptive Sports and Recreation Program
- Aquatic Therapy
Spaulding Outpatient Center Boston
Spaulding Outpatient Center Framingham
Spaulding Outpatient Center Medford
Spaulding Outpatient Center Orleans
Spaulding Outpatient Center Plymouth
Spaulding Outpatient Center Salem
Spaulding Outpatient Center Sandwich
Spaulding for Children Eileen M. Ward Outpatient Center Sandwich
Spaulding Outpatient Center Wellesley
Spaulding Outpatient Center Yarmouth
Traumatic Brain Injury Model System
Spaulding is designated a Traumatic Brain Injury Model System (TBIMS) by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR). As one of 16 TBIMS sites across the U.S., we collaborate with other innovative hospitals to improve patient care, maintain a national database, participate in independent and collaborative research, and provide continuing education to healthcare professionals. Visit http://www.sh-tbi.org/