COVID-19 Care and Rehabilitation
At Spaulding Outpatient Center in Braintree, MA, we understand the delicacy of providing COVID-19 care, especially for those suffering from post COVID-19 syndrome. Many patients will continue to face physical, mental, and cognitive health problems that extend beyond diagnosis and initial treatment. Spaulding Outpatient Center in Braintree is devoted to providing comprehensive, specialized care for those suffering from the long-term effects of COVID-19.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Outpatient Center welcomes patients who have been medically diagnosed with COVID-19 and continue to experience common symptoms related to infection.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Patients recovering from the long-term effects of COVID-19 may experience a variety of symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms associated with post COVID-19 syndrome include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Lingering cough
- Shortness of breath
- Joint pain
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Spaulding Outpatient Center takes a holistic approach to COVID care, providing numerous services that address the unique needs of each COVID-19 patient. Our comprehensive approach to recovery includes physician-led teams consisting of physical therapists, physiatrists, speech language pathologists, occupational therapists, and case managers.
All patients evaluations include meeting with a physiatrist to assess their neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs.
- Physical therapists will conduct evaluations following discharge and design an individualized, home-based exercise program to address the patient’s musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments.
- Occupational therapy sessions will be offered to help patients who have difficulty performing activities of daily living including eating, bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Speech language pathologists will be offered to provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments.
- Ongoing rehabilitation care can be continued at one of our convenient Spaulding Outpatient Center sites when in person visits are appropriate.
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients.
- Virtual visits, outpatient rehabilitation and home-based rehabilitation are available.
To find vital resources and support groups related to patients recovering from COVID-19, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.
To learn more about Spaulding COVID-19 response, click here.