Nutrition at Spaulding Boston OP
For many people, nutrition is an integral part of the rehabilitation process. Nutrition can also be used as a treatment all its own. At Spaulding, our nutrition experts are here to teach you about nutrition and help you create meals and menu strategies that will fit your lifestyle and improve your health.
Whether you’re dealing with heart disease, kidney disease, osteoporosis, women’s health issues or simply want better, healthier ways to manage your weight, we will develop a program with you, to meet your dietary goals.
Our clinicians and dietitians can help you address dietary issues related to cancer, chronic pain, diabetes, food allergies, gastrointestinal disease, osteoporosis and aging. We can also provide sports nutrition assistance and complete nutrition evaluations.
Spaulding's Approach to Nutrition
We offer a multidisciplinary approach, working with you and your healthcare providers, considering your specific health and nutrition needs. A licensed dietitian meets with you one-on-one to analyze your specific nutrition and wellness needs.
We work with you to provide customized diet information and realistic implementation strategies that fit your lifestyle, empowering you to improve your health and energy levels while also building a better and healthier you.
At Spaulding, our nutrition experts offer a full range of nutrition services including:
- A comprehensive and customized analysis of current eating habits and medical issues
- Identification of areas for improvement in current eating patterns and recommendations for change that lasts
- Individualized diet and meal plans tailored to medical and special concerns
- Development of self-management tools that realistically change and transform unhealthy eating behaviors into areas of control for long-term success
- Nutrition and weight management classes
- Recipe makeovers and analysis
Olivia Morgan is a Registered, Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist for Spaulding Outpatient Center Boston. Olivia graduated with honors from The Pennsylvania State University’s Schreyers Honors College, with a degree in Nutritional Sciences and Hospitality Management and went on to complete her Dietetic Internship at Massachusetts General Hospital. Olivia believes that nutrition does not have to be complicated and works with her clients to help them attain their goals.