Community Fundraising Tips and Tricks
The Spaulding Rehabilitation Network Third Party Event Team is here to help, here’s how:
- Answer questions and share fundraising best practices
- Provide crowdrise online fundraising page
- Promote your event on Spaulding Rehabilitation Network’s social media: Facebook, Twitter & Instagram (subject to availability)
- Brand your fundraiser as an affiliate of Spaulding Rehabilitation Network by providing “Benefiting Spaulding Rehabilitation Network” logo for use on fundraising materials, collateral, advertisements, flyers and giveaways
- Please be sure to submit your collateral to the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network for approval.
- Process gifts and provide tax receipts, when applicable, for contributions made via Crowdrise online fundraising page and those made directly to Spaulding Rehabilitation Network. Requests for program restriction on gifts should be approved by Development staff.
- Provide samples of a solicitation letter, email to media, sponsorship letter and in-kind donation letter
- Provide additional resources and information for the fundraising area you are supporting (subject to availability)
Third Party Event organizers are responsible for:
- Planning and promotion of your fundraising effort
- Advertising and marketing your fundraising effort to your networks
- If hosting an event, creating and maintaining invitation and attendee lists. Spaulding Rehabilitation Network is not able to provide mailing lists of donors, physicians or vendors. We have made a commitment to our donors and patients to keep their personal information private. Spaulding does require Development staff to review the invitation list with names and addresses to ensure that these invitations don’t interfere with our established donor communication plans
- If hosting an event, arranging volunteers and all event logistics
- Soliciting gifts, donations or sponsorships
- Producing and distributing communication and marketing materials, collateral, advertisements, flyers and giveaways
- Setting up crowdrise fundraising page
- Paying for all event-related expenses. Spaulding is not responsible for paying any invoices related to these events.
- Coordinating media coverage and distributing press releases, with prior approval from Development staff and the Marketing team.
For questions or more information on third-party events, please contact Merrill Robichaud email@example.com or 617-952-6882. Thank you very much for your interest in supporting Spaulding Rehabilitation Network’s programs and services.