Clinicians CHEF Coaching
Clinicians Culinary Health Education Fundamentals (CHEF) Coaching is an evidence-based program focused on culinary coaching. This is a novel approach to improve nutrition that combines culinary training, health coaching principles, and telemedicine tools and resources.
It is designed to train health care professionals and health and wellness coaches to deliver patient education emphasizing skills such as shopping, food storage, and meal preparation. The goal is to empower patients and clients to make more home-cooked food in less time and enjoy healthy changes in their lives.
This course is run in collaboration with the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine at Harvard Medical School. For more information, including syllabi, CME availability and additional training options (live onsite, enduring material), visit their website.
Clinicians CHEF Coaching includes two modules: CHEF Coaching the Basics, and CHEF Coaching Beyond the Basics. Graduates of BOTH components earn a “Certificate of Completion in Culinary Coaching” from the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
Spaulding Live Online Program
Join us from anywhere around the globe for a live online Clinicians CHEF Coaching program. This 10-week program consists of BOTH CHEF Coaching the Basics (5 skills based teleclasses) AND CHEF Coaching Beyond the Basics (5 small group practice sessions).
The schedule consists of 10 weekly sessions, alternating between tele-classes one week and small group training sessions the next. The teleclasses are presented on Monday evenings at 8:00 pm (ET) — records will be available. Dates are listed below. There are 8 different options for the small group practice sessions. Please select the session that best meets your schedule.
CHEF Coaching the Basics Live Online Teleclasses Meet
- Mondays 8:00 pm–9:30 pm ET, biweekly from September 12 to November 7, 2022
CHEF Coaching Beyond the Basics - Live Online Date Options
Choose your preferred group at registration.
- GROUP 1: Monday Early Evening 6:00 pm–7:30 pm ET - Meet biweekly from Sep 19 to Nov 14, 2022
- GROUP 2: Monday Evening 8:00 pm–9:30 pm ET - Meet biweekly from Sep 19 to Nov 14, 2022
- GROUP 3: Tuesday Noon 12:00 pm–1:30 pm ET - Meet biweekly from Sep 20 to Nov 15, 2022
- GROUP 4: Tuesday Evening 7:00 pm–8:30 pm ET - Meet biweekly from Sep 20 to Nov 15, 2022
- GROUP 5: Wednesday Afternoon - 3:00 pm–4:30 pm ET - Meet biweekly from Sep 21 to Nov 16, 2022
- GROUP 6: Friday Morning 9:00 am–10:30 am ET - Meet biweekly from Sep 23 to Nov 18, 2022
Note: At the time of registration, you will only be required to select your preferred small group date. Your registration will automatically enroll you in the Monday evening teleclass.
Early bird pricing: $840; cost will increase to $990 on July 16, 2022.
For more information or questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations must be received in writing no later than August 20, 2022 to receive a refund minus a $50 processing fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after August 20, 2022.
Completion of Spaulding Live Online is approved for:
1. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (A.N.D) – 15 Continuing Education credits by the A.N.D.
2. Wellcoaches – 18 Continuing Education credits through Wellcoaches.
3. NBC-HWC – 15 Continuing Education credits by the National Board of Health and Wellness Coaches.
REGISTER HERE for the Live Online CHEF Coaching program, which includes both CHEF Coaching the Basics and CHEF Coaching Beyond the Basics.
1. Go to the registration page and sign in, or create an account at Spaulding Online Store & Scheduler.
2. Select Online Store from the top menu.
3. Click on the dropdown menu to select CHEF Coaching Fall 2022.
4. Select CHEF Coaching Live online.
5. Select which small group practice session you wish from the pop-up window.
6. Check out in the Shopping Cart.
For information about other options to complete Clinicians CHEF Coaching including accreditation please visit the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine website or email chefcoaching@InstituteOfLifestyleMedicine.org.