- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities:
- Long-Term Acute Care:
- Skilled Nursing Facilities:
- Outpatient Facilities:
- Boston - Downtown Crossing
Gloucester - Cape
- Lexington - Pediatrics
Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
The inpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs of Spaulding Rehabilitation Network offer patients a comprehensive approach to recovery focused on return to an active, productive life. Our physicians, nurses and therapists work together to help each patient reach his or her maximum level of function and independence following open heart surgery, a heart attack (myocardial infarction) or other cardiac event.
Approach to Care
Spaulding’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs include:
- Dedicated clinical cardiac team
- Close medical supervision and medication management to manage cardiac function as daily activities and exercise increase
- Specialty services, including heart monitoring (telemetry), respiratory therapy, cardiology consultation, etc. as needed
- Individualized treatment plan to maximize gains in function
- Cardiac rehabilitation stages that provide clear, progressive guidelines for daily activity and exercise
- Coordinated physical and occupational therapies; progressive exercise program
- Comprehensive educational program for patients and their families on lifestyle changes, including exercise, diet and stress management.
- Supportive resources to help patients deal with the emotional issues associated with heart disease and lifestyle change
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Dedicated care coordinator to arrange home care if needed and to facilitate ongoing treatments, outpatient therapy or services with community resources
- Therapeutic recreation services, including relaxation techniques, smoking cessation, preparation for leisure activities
- Additional services vary by location
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is based at the following Spaulding locations. Click on the name of the facility for more information.