Cycling Medicine Program
Spaulding's Cycling Medicine Program uses a team approach for the assessment and treatment of both injured cyclists, as well as those looking to optimize their performance. Through detailed evaluations, our team will assess muscle strength, flexibility, bicycle fit, and technique. The evaluation is designed to provide specific diagnoses for cyclists and triathletes, and construct an individualized treatment plan to help them achieve their goals. Treatment may include physical therapy, bodywork, interventional procedures, and bike fitting. We will also facilitate additional workup for complex or unclear diagnoses if necessary. We aim to educate our patients, increasing their knowledge of cycling biomechanics and injury prevention. Our goal is to help cyclists perform at their maximal potential, and minimize discomfort and time loss due to injury.
Spaulding Outpatient Center Wellesley is committed to helping cyclists achieve their full potential through improved technique and movement patterns, as well as proper bike fit in order to optimize performance. For more information about our Cycling Program or to schedule an evaluation, call 781.431.9144, option 3, or email: SRHWellesley@partners.org
Leadership and Expertise
Dr. Dana Kotler, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and board-certified sports medicine physician leads the Cycling Medicine Program. She is also a certified Pilates instructor and lectures widely on the relationship between core muscles and low back pain. An avid cyclist herself, she competes in road, track and cyclocross events.
Greg Robidoux, PT is a Physical Therapist and founder of The Cycling PT. Greg is Director of Education and lead instructor for the Serotta International Cycling Institute in the science of bicycle fit. A competitive cyclist himself, he understands the sports and the importance of proper functional movement patterns and bike fit to reduce injury, increase comfort on the bike, and improve performance.
Advanced Care to Meet our Patients' Needs
Our skilled clinicians, specializing in cycling medicine, provide the following services:
- Thorough medical evaluation by a Board Certified Sports Medicine and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Doctor specializing in cycling medicine
- Biomechanical evaluation by a Physical Therapist specializing in cycling medicine
- Individualized treatment plans for cyclists and triathletes targeting performance improvement
- Evaluation and management of acute and chronic injuries related to cycling
- Collaboration with local bicycle shops and custom bike builders to facilitate the optimal cycling experience
- Ultrasound guided diagnosis of musculoskeletal injury
- Ultrasound guided injections
- Trigger point injections
- Platelet-Rich Plasma injections (PRP)
- Manual Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Movement Re-education
- Opportunities to participate in cycling-specific research studies
For more information about our Cycling Program or to schedule an evaluation call 781.431.9144 option 1, or email: SRHWellesley@partners.org