COVID Rehabilitation Program
Recovery time from COVID-19 can vary. Many COVID-19 survivors may continue to face physical, cognitive, or mental health problems weeks after diagnosis and traditional recovery times. To address these multifaceted recovery needs, Spaulding Outpatient Center in Quincy, MA is dedicated to providing specialized, physician-led rehabilitation for patients with prolonged COVID-19 symptoms.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Quincy, MA welcomes any patients who have received a positive laboratory diagnosis of COVID-19 and continue to experience prolonged symptoms of COVID-19 after typical recovery times.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Like many, you may be wondering, "How long is recovery from COVID-19?" Typically, symptoms last between 10-14 days, depending on severity. For patients with prolonged symptoms of COVID-19 taste and smell recovery can sometimes take weeks. The physician-led team of professionals at Spaulding Outpatient Center in Quincy provides an integrative approach to treatment. Symptoms that are addressed may include:
- Difficulty with concentration
- Sleep related anomalies
- Accelerated heart rate
- Joint & muscle pain
- Loss of smell or taste
- Shortness of breath
- Persistent cough
- Unexplained hair loss
- Chest pain
COVID-19 Care and Services
Spaulding Outpatient Center in Quincy is dedicated to providing professional, physician-led care that addresses the long-term effects related to COVID. Treatment may include physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers.
- Physiatrists are available to assess neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs.
- Physical therapists conduct evaluations and design home-based exercise programs.
- Occupational therapists are available to provide help for activities of daily living including bathing, eating, dressing, and toileting.
- Speech language pathologists offer assistance with swallowing and any cognitive impairments.
- Translation services are available when necessary.
- Virtual visits are available upon request.
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.