We refuse to let arthritis stand between you and what you love. Whether your symptoms are new or you’ve had joint pain for a long time, our therapeutic treatment options can help you get much more out of every day.
Our Arthritis Rehabilitation Program will do more than just help you address the pain and swelling. We will work with you to find ways to do what you want. We’ll design exercises, recommend adaptations for daily living, and help you find solutions to overcome and live with arthritis as pain-free as possible.
Spaulding's Approach to Arthritis and Joint Conditions
Commonly Seen Arthritis-related Diagnoses:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Spine disorders
- Joint Replacement
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
Our physical and occupational therapists and physicians carefully evaluate the relationship between your impairment and functional limitations to develop an individualized plan of care focused on you. The treatment plan may include:
- Therapies to reduce pain and improve mobility, strength, and flexibility
- Education about joint protection, home modifications, and adaptive equipment
- Low impact exercise programs
- Custom splinting and bracing for joint protection and stability
- Consultation with Rehabilitation Physician
- Medical treatment with the latest arthritis drugs
- Injections, spinal procedures and other interventions