COVID Recovery Program in Hyannis, MA
One of the most common questions surrounding the coronavirus is, "What is the recovery time for COVID-19?" According to the World Health Organization, on average a patient recovers from COVID-19 in two weeks. However, many continue to suffer from COVID symptoms after the typical timeframe. To address these long-term recovery needs, Spaulding Rehabilitation in Hyannis, MA is dedicated to providing specialized care for the recovery of patients post COVID-19.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Hyannis welcomes patients who have received a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 and continue to experience symptoms of Coronavirus after typical recovery times.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Hyannis aspires to address the long-term recovery needs of COVID-19 patients who continue to suffer from symptoms related to COVID. These symptoms typically include:
- Joint pain
- Impaired thinking and concentration
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Rapid heart rate
- Hair loss
- Changes in mood
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Spaulding Rehabilitation’s COVID Recovery Program in Hyannis offers specialized services based on each patient’s distinctive needs. Our physician-led team of medical health professionals consists of physiatrists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech language pathologists, and case managers. This may include:
- Physiatrist evaluation to assess neurologic, musculoskeletal, and psychological needs
- Occupational therapy sessions to help with the difficulty of performing activities of daily living
- Physical therapist evaluation following discharge who will design an individualized, home-based exercise program
- Speech language pathologists are offered to provide assistance with cognitive impairments.
- Additional in person rehabilitation care can be continued when in person visits are appropriate
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients
- Telehealth, virtual visits are available when in-person visits are not appropriate or upon request
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.