COVID Recovery Program in Framingham, MA
For many, recovery after COVID can be daunting. Many patients continue to experience symptoms that adversely affect their physical, cognitive, or mental health long after diagnosis and treatment. To address the long-term needs of such patients, Spaulding Rehabilitation in Framingham, MA is providing specialized care for the rehabilitation of patients post COVID-19.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 care?
If you are still experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus after the typical recovery from COVID-19 timeline outlined by the CDC, Spaulding Rehabilitation would like to help you.
What symptoms of COVID-19 do we address?
Patients who have received a positive diagnosis from COVID-19 and continue to experience various long-term long-term symptoms are provided additional care to help ease the physical & cognitive impairments brought forth by COVID. Symptoms we may address include:
- Shortness of breath
- Mood swings
- Hair loss
- Joint pain
- Chest pain
- Difficulty with concentration
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
- Rapid heart palpitations
COVID-19 Care Plan and Services
Spaulding Rehabilitation in Framingham, MA provides a number of services based on the unique needs of each patient. Our physician-led team of medical professionals consists of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and case managers. Patient treatment engagement may include:
- Physiatrist assessment of neurologic, musculoskeletal, cognitive, and psychological needs
- Physical therapist evaluation to provide an individualized, home-based exercise program to address any musculoskeletal or neurologic impairments
- Occupational therapy to help patients having difficulty performing daily living activities
- Speech language pathologists are offered to provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments
- Translator services are available for all non-English speaking patients
- Telehealth or virtual visits are available for outpatient rehabilitation
To learn more about support groups and other COVID-19 related information and resources, please visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness's COVID-19 Resource Page.
For more information on Spaulding's Rehabilitation Program, please contact our Medical Clinic at 617.952.6220.
To learn more about Spaulding COVID-19 response, click here.