Bridging the Gap
A unique 1-day conference demonstrating the application of therapeutic interventions in an evidence-based practice model. An interdisciplinary group of experts will offer didactic sessions designed for clinicians from a range of clinical backgrounds and hands-on breakout sessions to deepen learning. Throughout the emphasis will be on applying principles of neuroplasticity using an inter-professional, collaborative approach to enhance outcomes for patients with neurologic impairments.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Identify the principles of neuroplasticity and motor learning and their role in rehabilitation
• Recognize common visual pathologies related to neurological disease and injuries and their evidenced-based treatments
• Describe the science behind Neurologic Music Therapy and the mechanisms by which NMT enhances patients’ responses to therapy
• Recognize challenges and barriers patients and their loved ones face during recovery from neurologic impairments
• Identify evidenced-based, discipline-specific treatment interventions to enhance the neuroplastic and motor learning responses of patients with neurologic impairments
This course in intended for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Speech/Language Pathologists, Clinical Managers and Directors of Rehabilitation, and Registered Nurses.
Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Pathologists will receive a certificate of completion for 7.0 hours (SLP CEUs pending). All others will receive a certificate of attendance.