Parking and Directions
These directions guide staff, patients, families, and visitors to Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston, located at 300 First Avenue in the Charlestown Navy Yard.
Click to View Map
Overnight Stay/Hotel Information
Spaulding with Mass General Hospital has special rates with several hotels in the Boston area for family members who want to stay near the hospital or any of the outpatient centers. View listing and rates here. The pediatric unit allows one parent to stay overnight with their child in the child's room.
Spaulding Gift Shop
Our gift shop is operated in affiliation by the award winning Mass General Hospital Gift Shop services and is located on the first floor, and offering a variety of items such as candy, newspapers, books, magazines as well as gifts.
Patient/Family Resource Center
The Patient/Family Resource Center is on the first floor. The Resource Center has information for patients, families, and the community, including a library collection and videotapes. The Center has computers for accessing the Internet, and is wheelchair accessible.
The Constitution Café is located on the first floor. It is open from 6:15 a.m. to 11:15 p.m. The Café offers a variety of healthy meal and snack choices.
A Bank of America ATM is conveniently located on the first floor, by the Spaulding gift shop.
Medical Interpreters are available for all patients who do not speak English, who have limited English speaking skills, or those who request language assistance. These services are free and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Please ask any member of your team if you would like an interpreter present when you are working with them.
Children must have adult supervision (other than the patient) at all times. Visitation may be limited due to patient’s condition and preference. Children may not be overnight visitors.
We believe in the therapeutic value of pets in rehabilitation therapy, and allow dogs to visit patients in select areas of the hospital, namely: the hospital lobby or the hospital patio.
Requirements for dogs being brought into the hospital are:
- An inoculation certificate from a veterinarian must be completed and placed in the patient's medical record.
- The dog must remain on a leash or in a pet carrier at all times.
- Dog owners assume responsibility and liability for their pets at all times.
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital is proud to have a robust culture of volunteers who are vital to the hospital operations. Volunteers can work in any number of areas from delivering magazines to floors, assisting administrative operations or welcoming visitors. Spaulding welcomes people of all abilities to contribute. Anyone interested in current volunteer opportunities should contact SRH Human Resources at
Your Patient Bill of Rights
Click here to view your Patient Bill of Rights
Your Rights as a Research Volunteer
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital is dedicated to researching new and exciting treatments in the field of rehabilitation medicine. Spaulding researchers, including physicians and other clinicians, are working on over 100 different research studies on a wide variety of topics.
We are committed to respecting and protecting the rights of our patients and their families. We strive to provide care that is sensitive to cultural, racial, religious and other differences.
You have a right to information about:
- Why this research is being done
- What will happen during the study
- Whether any of the procedures, drugs or devices are different from standard practice
- The important risks, side effects, and discomforts of the things that will happen in this study
- The benefits from taking part in the study
- Other treatment choices and their risks and benefits
- Medical treatment in case of complications.
You also have the right to:
- Refuse to take part in the study
- Change your mind about taking part after the study is started. This decision will not affect your right to the usual care not related to study
- Receive a copy of the consent form
- Be free of pressure when deciding whether to take part
- Ask questions concerning the study, both before and during the course of the study.
- Inpatient Services Phone: 617-952-5000
- Outpatient Center Phone: 617-952-6200
- 300 First Avenue
- Charlestown, MA 02129